Monday, January 05, 2015

What's In A Name?



If you've been hanging out with me awhile, you may notice a few changes around here. Most notably, my blog name. I'll be honest - that was a really hard change. "Finding Home" had been birthed in my heart several years ago and it truly was what this blog was all about. As we have been out of our home for the past four years due to our renovation, it felt even more true. We really were finding our home when we didn't have a physical structure to even call our own. Where was home? How were we creating it? With the addition of our children, the face of our home changed even more. We were Finding Home.

But in the midst of this time, another blog came along with the same name. And she created something beautiful. And big. And her blog and her presence came to be known as Finding Home. And it was hard to see that precious name I held so dearly be birthed into something so big that wasn't mine. But this beautiful thing that she created was just so good. And it only felt right that I changed my name. Not that my blog - or my social media presence - would probably even cross paths with this other Finding Home - but I didn't want to chance it. I didn't want confusion. And I didn't want to be in the shadow of something so great.

And so I let Finding Home go.

And it was hard. It hurt.

But something new was birthed.

And it feels good.

And right.

And that's all that matters.


So welcome to Sweetly Home. There is so much goodness wrapped up in this title. So much that I can feel tangibly. All I want in this life is to create a beautiful, sweet, wonderful space for the people in my life who I love so dearly. It is the the sweet spot in my life. The place where I can create and craft and conjure up this beautiful life for my family and those who we are blessed to call friends.

Thank you for journeying on with us. There is so much more to be written and so much more to be shared. Come along with us, won't you?



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your new blog name and am looking forward to seeing what you have to say again! I miss hearing from you.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I'm excited to blog again. It feels like an old friend. Are you blogging still? I'm going to go see. :) If not, you should! I loved reading your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails